Friday, July 22, 2005

IT'S A WHITE THING. YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND.

When I draw an effect that I know will be white I first draw it in a different color. Usually I make it a hot pink or other neon color that I can easily identify on the page.

Once I am happy with the lines I want WHITE I select them and change the FILL and STROKE to white by selecting white in the color picker or by DOUBLE-CLICKING the TOOLBOX colors. This will open a Fly-Away menu box and I select the color from there.

It's a lot easier to do this than to color in white on a white background. That may have been fine in 5th grade art class when you drew a snowman in a snowstorm fighting a Yeti, but it's not a good idea here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could also have an light grey rectangle in the background, which you make visible when you want to view your correction fluid.